Krua Chotirot, Phuket Town - ครัวโชติรส

Nothing like a hot pot of Chinese Tea on a rainy afternoon!


Sundays in Phuket, especially rainy Sundays, can leave many shops and restaurants closed, so after finding three of my favourite places pulling down their shutters a bit earlier than usual I decided to try Krua Chotirot on the corner of Tanon Rasada and Tanon Takuapa just near the On On Hotel (Click location link at bottom of post). I have passed it many times, sheltered from the rain under its roof but never paid it much attention. I was looking for a budget meal and this is not as cheap as a noodle shop so I chose Pad Thai at 60 Baht (although the menu has a lot more and goes on up to 600Baht) and a pot of Chinese Tea for 50 Baht. 


The tea arrived first and I was pleased to see a BIG pot and a typical mini Chinese cup. Having got rained on and spent the last hour in the air conditioning of my pick-up truck hot tea was well needed! The Pad Thai took a while to arrive due to the fact that there was a large order under way for another table (the only one occupied) but I was quite happy sipping my tea and watching Phuket life go by - one of my hobbies! 

The Pad Thai was not a disappointment and was a reasonable sized portion so I plan to go back and try out some of the other dishes but if you want to see some more pictures in the meantime, visit the link below - it is however in Thai. http://live.phuketindex.com/th/krua-chotiros-phuket-275.html