162 Coffee, Chalong

On my way home from work I often stop for a cheap meal at a curry shop just along from Chalong Police Station. It's convenient as I can usually park right in front and there is a small convenience store there too if I need to pick up some supplies. There is quite a good selection of hot curries and they also sell some Thai desserts including some of my favourites. Now you're wondering what has this got to do with 162 Coffee, or maybe it's Coffee 162, I forgot to ask..........


Well ....when I stopped for curry today I discovered that a small coffee bar had opened and what a cool little place it is too! You can see where I had my curry in the background of the photo and it was while I was sitting eating there that I was looking at the retro coffee table set and just couldn't resist going and having a coffee right there and then. I took an espresso, 35 Baht, (you can see the list on the bar by clicking to enlarge the photo below). I was very happy to see that the espresso arrived in a nice white cup or 'demitasse' and was HOT yes hot with capital letters! I have often been served lukewarm coffee in much smarter restaurants than this one...well done 162!