Coconut Hand Grenades.

coconut carving in Phuket
It is impossible for me not to touch on the political unrest Thailand is currently facing.

Here in Phuket we are a long way from the bombs and bullets. Phuket remains the beautiful relaxed paradise it always has been.

However today I couldn't help but noticing something that reflects on what is in the minds of all of the Thais who just want everything to get back to normal and continue with their lives. 'Rasta Men' carved by one of the local long-tail boat drivers have been very popular over the last few years, but today we seem to have a new edition to the collection, coconut hand grenades. At first I was amused by the scene, but then I felt sad that I was seeing this here in Thailand.

Can we just stick with a Bob Marley look alike please!

coconut carving in Phuket

coconut carving in Phuket




No comments:

Post a Comment