Metro Roast Duck Restaurant ร้านเป็ดย่างเมโทร



When I came to Phuket in 1987 it was not long before I discovered Metro Roast Duck Restaurant, in those days it was situated on Tanon Tungka in front of the Merlin Hotel. I went there often and nearly always had two plates of duck over rice all to myself!


Some time later Metro moved to Tanon Yaowarat near to the Siri Hotel - of course I followed it there too! Then some time ago Metro moved and I had no idea where. I didn't have much time on land as I was working everyday and so for maybe 5 or so years I never had duck over rice again.

Then one day I heard where it had moved to - just behind the Provincial Electricty Office in Tanon Kanit Hongyok (off Tanon Phang Nga) not far from the Bus Terminal and with plenty of places to park right in front. But I still had no time to get there for lunch - well that was until a couple of days ago! 



View Metro Roast Duck Restaurant in a larger map

It was great to see the same faces, the people that had served me all the way back in 1987! It was a nice reunion. Metro has been open for 40 years only closing during the Vegetarian Festival, that in itself is proof that the food is good! So next time you're feeling hungry give it a try. Oh but be sure to get there early, Metro opens at 7am and closes at 3pm!


The owner Khun Duangdeun 






คุณป้าดวงเดือน เจ้าของร้านแห่งนี้เล่าว่า “ช่วยคุณพ่อขายมาตั้งแต่เด็กๆ ที่จังหวัดยะลา โดยสูตรเป็ดย่างนี้เป็นสูตรเฉพาะที่ทางครอบครัวได้คิดค้นปรับสูตรกันมายาวนาน จนลงตัวเป็นเป็ดย่างสูตรเด็ดเช่นนี้ ต่อมาตนเองได้ย้ายมาที่ภูเก็ต จึงได้เปิดร้านเป็ดย่างเมโทรขึ้นมาตั้งแต่ปี พ.ศ.2514 จนถึงปัจจุบัน” 

ร้านเป็ดย่างเมโทร ตั้งอยู่ที่ 185/44 ถ.พังงา ต.ตลาดใหญ่ อ.เมือง จ.ภูเก็ต 83000 โทร. 076-214527 เปิดตั้งแต่เวลา 7.00 น. – 15.00 น.

อ่านต่อ http://news.phuketindex.com/lifestyle/metro-roast-duck-phuket-179001.html

No comments:

Post a Comment